Where It All Began…
Today’s Hydraquip traces its roots back to three defense engineers from California who set out for Texas with a trunk load of hydraulic valves in pursuit of a dream.. That dream turned into reality when Hydraquip Corporation was founded in 1951.
Through the Decades…
1960's: Growth and prosperity which initiated a plan for profit sharing.
1970's and 1980's:
- Expanded presence throughout Texas, with new offices in the Dallas, Longview and San Antonio areas.
- Diversification through increasing fabrication department to develop a power unit division.
- Hydraquip became completely owned and operated by its employees in 1986 through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
1990's: Expanded into the Louisiana marine industry, with the company opening offices in New Orleans and Lafayette, Louisiana
The New Millennium:
- From 2000 forward, Hydraquip Corporation expanded its presence.
- In 2002, new vendors and full line distributorship with Eaton Corporation by purchasing a fluid power distributor in Oklahoma
- Opened first Express Hose Store in in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2005 and a second hose store in Lafayette, in November 2007.
- In 2007, the systems group was split off to create Hydraquip Custom Systems, Inc. to provide better customer support while enhancing the ability to focus on the systems its does best.
- Employee Owned Holdings, Inc. (EOHI) became the parent company to Hydraquip and Hydraquip Custom Systems.
- In 2009, expansion into Arizona and New Mexico.
- In 2012, agreement formed with Eaton Aeroquip to provide Eaton Fluid Conveyance products throughout the entire state of Texas.
Present Day Hydraquip…
Hydraquip continues to grow with the capability to provide service and repair within the state of Louisiana through the acquisition of Huber, Inc. in 2013. Our partnerships with our sister companies, Supreme Integrated Technology, Inc. & Elite Controls Inc. also gives us the ability to provide complete control systems (electro-hydraulic or fully electric), design engineering and fabrication capabilities to customers.